I hope you have all had the lovely weather we have been having here in Lancashire, although some of it was sooo hot, It rendered me quite useless at times!
I just adore this print of an illustration by Charles Robinson... Indian Summer.
I love the 1920's , absolutely adore the furniture, fashions, dances, haircuts... everything about the roaring 20's brings a smile to my simple face!
George and I live in a 1920's home - it was built in 1923, and luckily still holds many of it's original features.
Oh doodle of mine....
A number of years ago I treated myself, or should I say my Mum treated me to this coat. I spotted it in a local shop and thought it had a certain 20's air about it. I just fell head over heels with it! It still looks just as good as it did back then, shame I can't say the same for me!!!
What do you think? (please note, it has artificial fur!) I adore it, and when George nearly passed out at how much it was, I reminded him, that I would wear it forever, and when I come to the end of my road, hey, he can bury me in it too! It is not at all trendy, it is timeless, so it will see me out! The drawing above is based on it.
I have popped this video on again for all you flappers out there!
Talking of clothes, we are going to a christening this Sunday and so I have been throwing my outfit together ( literally!)...Here is the recipe.....
Take one old long skirt and ruthlessly take a pair of scissors to it....
One plain long jacket ....
Several wooden and coconut buttons....
The final result.....
Well, I think it looks ok.....Or have I lost my marbles completely???!!! Too late! That's what I shall be wearing, rain or shine, good or bad!
This week I would like to thank the very lovely Mrs. P For this award! Thank you so, so much for thinking of me! Please go and pay her a visit, If you already haven't.. she has a very interesting blog, and is such a sweetie!
1. I can't swim... yup, just flail about and then sink.
2. I once did an Open University course in Social welfare (or something like that!) I love writing essays!
3. I loathed and detested school.
4. I have bent little fingers.
5. As a child I was a tom-boy and girlie, depending on how I felt at the time. Up a tree one minute and gazing at my shiny shoes the next. I am still the same! I can be dressed beautifully one minute and like a scruff the next! A bit like my musical tastes, all the extremes and the bits in the middle too.
6. I am still 10! (In my head anyway!)
7. I believe in spirits, ghosts and all things unseen.
8. And she shall have music wherever she goes, I have 6 stereos.
9. I am useless at all sports.
10. The words economy and anatomy very often get said as economonomy and anatomonomy... I find it hard to say them!
Five things I dislike immensely.....
1. Rudeness and bad manners.
2, Bigotry, ignorance, predjudice and closed-mindedness.
3. Lack of humour and unfriendliness.
and drumroll here......
I am so excited this week, as the Sroka household has had a delivery! I have wanted one for a long time, and the price was slashed, and we really need one as the one we have is about 12 years old now. Also as I said to George, this will see us out, we won't ever need to buy another (now, where have we heard this before, hmmmmm!!!)
Tis this bed....
This is the pic on the Laura Ashley site, as we haven't got it put together, or even in the bedroom as yet, ... we need to decorate the bedroom first!
I can not wait to snuggle up in my new cosy bed, and hopefully get some much needed sleep too! Like Bedknobs and Broomsticks, I hope to be engaged in many exciting adventures in Dreamland! Oh and enjoy my early morning pots of tea too!
Anyway peeps! I hope you all enjoy a jolly good weekend!
Lots of love to all of you! Suie Juan tit! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :)))) Tryed to keep it shorter! You don't know how hard it was! Did I fail? Duh yeah... miserably! I kept adding to it...sorry! He he! x