Thursday, 3 June 2010

....With Silver Bells and Cockle Shells.....

Hello!
Thank you for all your warm comments and kind wishes over the last week, I really do a happy dance when I hear from you!

 One of my stitcheries (and my verse too! Oh dear!) Sorry it is not a very good photo!

I am sure many of you like me will have been out in your gardens busying yourselves. There is something about being outside, breathing in the air, communing with nature and being close to the earth which really relaxes, refreshs and grounds me. I always feel better for it, whether it is just being in the garden or going on a lovely country walk. It never fails to inspire me and touch my soul.

Kind hearts are gardens,
Kind thoughts are roots,
Kind words are blossoms,
Kind deeds are fruits.


Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


This week the lovely George and I have been .....

Planting babies!

This is way down at the bottom of the garden, the meadow grass, natural bit! We planted plum, apple, pear and morello cherry trees, I hope they will be ok!

I have been tidying borders....

Bertram Butterbean Barker (Bertie!) had the very important job as executive supervisor!

I have been admiring our beautiful Owl Tree.....


Magnificent..No? I will miss this wise old tree when we move. Sometimes on a moonlit night, when caught in the silvery moonbeams, Mr. Owl tree has a face!

We have been finishing off our alpine rockery. I really wanted George to wear a Sound of Music little number while planting, but he wasn't having it! 


Oooh, what else have I been doing? Hmmmmm......

 Baking bread. There were two loaves.. I wonder what happened to the other one???


Now then Ralph Le Puff MacDuff! Don't you look all sweet and innocent in your 1920's hat.. you are not fooling anyone you thief you!  Was it tasty you blighter!?

And baking these, (keeping them well away from a certain big black twitching nose!)


And drinking this!


I had to buy this bottle of cider. No really, I did! Look at the lovely 1950's style label, I just couldn't resist!

You will be pleased to hear that the christening went very well. It was a lovely sunny day, if a little windy! Lily, the star of the show, after all it was her day, performed a fabulous party piece!  She grabbed hold of, and pulled off the vicar's glasses as he was holding her at the font, and she would not let go! It was so funny, the whole congregation were laughing! Not good for a serial giggler like me. George got that slightly alarmed look flit across his face, as he saw me laughing... Is she going to be able to stop? Yes, you will be pleased to know (or bitterly disappointed!) to hear that I managed to hold on to my dignity,   for a change!

Lastly, I am quite shocked and so deeply saddened at the news of the shooting in Cumbria. I have been to Whitehaven a few times, once to visit the Maritime festival, and it really is unbelievable that such a thing can hapen there.



 It truly is dreadful, and once again a reminder to me to enjoy each day and to always be grateful. When I heard it on the news, the gunman had just finished his shooting rampage and had run off. I just went in the house and locked the door. Silly I know, as Whitehaven is over an hours journey from where I live, but with going to Cumbria a lot, it felt so close! I feel so sorry for all involved in this tragedy, remembering too all of the emergency services and nursing staff who have had to witness such trauma. It is all unimaginable.

Til next week all you sweetpeas, go forth and enjoy... everything! Sun and rain!

I love to search for the joy in each day!

Another one of my stitcheries, I love this one (even though I shouldn't say so myself!) So I have it hanging from the french doors!

You may have noticed that I have changed my background on the blog, now what do you think, this one or the overload of owls? You can decide... if you want to that is!

Beautiful blessing to you all.... Suzie xxxxxxxxxxxxxx