Thursday, 17 June 2010

The laughing Hyena Strikes Again!!!

Hello lovely peeps!

Short post this week, as I am over run with work on the house, and I am feeling lousy with a cold too. So I apologise if I haven't been visiting as many blogs as I usually do!  This week we have had a joiner here, sawing, whirring and hammering! Let the grand makeover begin! We have bought paint for a few rooms, and I have been planning colour schemes. These little birds I made from a pattern in the Cath Kidston book 'Sew!' will give you an idea of the colours of the 'new' room, along with the buttons in my cake stand which will be stood on the dressing table,... the room that we are presently using as a dining room, will be transformed into a bedroom. Before and after pics coming soon!



It was gala week last week, and the procession went past our house last Saturday. You will be pleased to know that I was reduced to tears with giggling again, on my own in the front garden with an audience of people watching me from across the road. The culprit? Well it was a float going by, with the warbling  tones of what I can only describe as chipmunks on speed siniging a disco song! I staggered back to the front door, unable to see through the tears. I was shaking and was no longer able to make any noise..






Anyway, I pulled myself together and went back out to stand by the Owl Tree again... I am a grown-up, I am a grown-up, repeat seven times.. I am a grown-up ....Another float, with horns a blowing, aaahhh-haaaa, ahhhh-haaaa, like the kind that Harpo Marx from the Marx brothers always hooted as he ran about wildly. Well the image of Harpo in my head was too much, so I am afraid it set me off again! George was stood in the front room window watching me with disdain, which quite frankly just made me all the worse. "How old are you?" he asked me, when I went back in the house! 

 For those who don't already know, the Cath Kidston book featured above, has everything you need to make this handbag! Amazing value for money!  I added the gingham lining though, and replaced the white button supplied with my own gingham covered one. It is easy to make too!

Well thats it! Yep, I mean it! No doubt you are all in a deep state of shock at my short post, but I really do feel yuk, and really just want to curl up in a ball somewhere. You know that feeling when you feel as if someone has taken all the bones out of your body?   As my Mum used to say, I am only useful to be chopped up for fire wood! An expression she would always use when I was a good for nothing!

Blessings and giggles to you all!

Update! I have put my owls back on...... I missed them!!!

Suzie xxxx