Thursday, 11 March 2010

Off Yer Trolley!

Hello dear friends,

And how does this lovely Friday find you all? It may say Thursday on the date, but it is now 1.08 am on Friday!  Have you all had a fruitful and productive week? I often think of you all, all  friends I know here in blogland,  all the readers of my blog, some just passing through... what lives you lead, what books you read, all the things you do,  and what wonderful mixture of events, memories and loves that makes each one of you so unique!  I think of you all with each word I write and thank you all for visiting me.  You make me feel all happy inside!

                                                       HAPPY!

 Thank you too for all your lovely warm and kind words about my Dad's cousin too! I really appreciate you kindness and concern. I loved hearing your funny comments too, you have made me laugh out loud! And I absolutely love laughing out loud, it is the best tonic! :)

What have I been doing this week? Well I have been busy as usual, but actually don't seem to be getting far!   I have been considering what to do with this gorgeous Cath Kidston fabric. What do think?


 On the design front I have been working on a couple of new stitcheries, but I am not ready to show them just yet!
On the home front, I have made another pair of curtains for my workroom, an inspirational pair, to remind me of why I sit in that room in the first place! here they are....  Do you like?


 Please excuse the miserably weeping window! Not very pretty is it!??

On a relaxing front (whats that then?) ha ha, this is the book I am trying to read at the moment. I have started the first few pages several times now, over the last few weeks, as I spend so long between picking the book up again, that I feel I need to start again! I will let you know what I think of it when I finally get it read! I haven't seen the film yet.  I love something a bit deep, and I feel that although it most certainly will be harrowing, it will nevertheless be an enriching experience.



What do you all do to relax? I love sudoku, crosswords, (and of course crafting!, goes without saying!) and now promise you won't laugh,  I love video games, yes I do! Especially the ones in which there is plenty of puzzle solving. I also love the Sims, because I like building houses, furnishing and decorating them and giving the families daft names!  You can go mad decorating, as you can change all the patterns and colours!


 Pictures sourced from the internet.

I can't cope at all with games which are against the clock,or fighting/action ones, as I get in a complete state, and my heart starts to race! You should have seen me trying to play Tomb raider, every one in the room was in hysterics as I shouted at Lara Croft for running wildly around in circles when there was a predator after her! I just could not co-ordinate ....... I was in such an agitated state!

Now then! Shall I give you all one last funny tale? Shall I? One more George story, and this one too, displays what a wonderfully well humoured man he is!  Oh, ok, you have twisted my arm, here goes....

George you are so amusing sometimes!  He loves playing tricks on me!  He once lifted me up in a supermarket car-park and plonked me in a shopping trolley! Oh yes he did, and then he walked off and left me there, with my legs hanging out over the front.   Could I get out...no!   The more I tryed the more the trolley moved about, and the more I struggled the more I began to laugh, I was dangerously teetering on hysterial giggling!



What I must have looked like to the other bewildered shoppers, (who, by the way, were giving me a rather wide birth!)   probably thinking that I had put myself there, and was now laughing like a complete loon on my own! (George had very kindly removed himself to another part of the car park, enjoying the spectacle from afar)   You know that giddy panicky giggly feeling..... yes thats the one!  Eventually, after enjoying himself immensely, he took pity on me and came to lift me out!  He has a bad back these days, so thankfully he hasn't been able to do such a thing again! Or is that sad, that he hasn't?  It is a memory I treasure, because although a tad embarassing at the time, it was also an absolutely silly and childish experience. And isn't a lovely thing sometimes to act carefree and unhindered,  to feel like a giddy child again.  Just to be silly for the sake of being silly!  Wonderful!!!

Now, before I go for another week, I would like to thank  RosieP at Roses and Peonies and Emma at Em's Shabby Shack for giving me one each of this lovely award! Thank you so much RosieP and Emma! You are so kind to have thought of me! I am going to award this award to all of you who read my blog as a thank you for your friendship! Take it with you please!


Also the very lovely martha at Martha's Favorites has told me she has found an owl pin and is sending it to me! Isn't that kind of her. I will let you all see it when it gets here! Thank you Martha!

Look what has arrived in the post everyone! I have been the very lucky winner of this wonderful giveaway from the immensely talented and creative Corinne Phillips, Aren't these brooches just magical! I hope my photographs could really catch the beauty in each of these pieces of art! The fairys even have little necklaces and accessories! And each has a little description! Corinne I am just bowled over by them... I love each one, you are fab! Thank you so much! Please go and visit her! 




Right then, that is all for another week! One more thing though.....Hello Lynne! If you are reading this week, then HELLOOOOO!

Have a lovely sunny (I hope!) weekend!  Love and laughter to you all!

Suzie xxx