Thursday, 18 March 2010

I forget to pray for the angels, and then the angels forget to pray for us...

Happy Friday! (again date says thursday, but its Friday morning after midnight)

Do you ever get the feeling that you sometimes get a little helping hand from somewhere? Some may believe it is from Angels, some feel it is from God, others from the universe, or from the source... Others may believe that it is just from coincidence or chance.  I think anyone who knows me well enough by now, from reading my ramblings, will probably be pretty sure which side of the fence I am sitting on!  I feel that there is always someone or something looking out for you!

 A glimpse of one of my stitcheries with a handmade button, which I made from fimo clay. It is good fun making buttons!

Yup! I believe ( by choice and by experience too) that there are forces at work behind the scenes, which we can only imagine. I say choose, because, lets face it, it is so much more exciting that way. Well, to me it is! Also, through life I have had way too many experiences which to me have shown that there is more to it all than just what we can see in front of us with our two earthly eyes!



My title today comes from Leonard Cohen's wonderful song, So Long Marianne. ( I adore him!)  Some think him depressing. Not so, to me he writes the most deep and beautiful poetry and sets it to music. In fact, I see the humour in it, which many overlook. He is brilliant, and I am sad that I have not managed to see him in concert yet.



What do we do when, by whatever reason, we are given a helping hand from out of the blue? Well I know what I do! I say thank you! Out loud sometimes!  Just imagine for a moment, if the coincidences and the synchronisities of our lives were really, really, actually something else, something magical? Wouldn't it be rather rude of us not to say a big thanks? If we forget our Angels ( or the forces of nature, God, etc.) then they may just decide to take the day off!

 One of my Angel Angst stitchery designs.... Angels need some care and attention too!

It sometimes is an eerily strange experience that may happen, and we may feel a strong sense of wonder at how such a thing could be. On the other hand it could be much more subtle, and it would rely on us to be much more observant. For instance, as I am writing this, I stopped to pour myself a cup of tea, and the bubbles on the top of the tea formed an absolutely perfect heart! What a shame I didn't have my camera to hand to show you all! So I found this picture on the internet to illustrate my point!




In fact, Not long ago, when I was feeling a bit down, I seemed to see hearts all over the place!  Is it grasping at straws?  I don't 'feel' it is.  Some times we get signs.... When we were buying our home, I kept seeing things to do with owls, and everytime the sale was going well (it dragged on!) owls kept popping up. We thought we had lost it for the 3rd time, and I had all but resigned myself to forget the house all together. But, one night I dreamt about the large tree in the front garden.

 Mr. Owl Tree!

 In the dream it was in the park across the road from where we lived then, and it kept coming closer and closer. when It was very close, I could see about 6 owls sat in the tree looking at me! That is why our home is called Owl Tree Cottage! The next day, we got a viewer and then another offer and moved soon after.  Just another coincidence?

Yes I say thank you out loud, and I also salute magpies! Poor George, what does he live with? And speaking of magpies.........

Sometimes we may be helped by being given a warning. I am a little superstitious for some reason, when it comes to magpies, well why take a chance?! So I do salute them. I think one is unlucky (sorrow) , 2 for joy, etc.



So when I saw a single very dead magpie lying in the middle of my lawn, I was not feeling happy, it made me very unsettled. Put that together with a horrible dream which George, the next night,  had had about someone stabbing me in the chest (left side), I began to worry that something was afoot. Maybe that was why, shortly after a few more strange 'signs' (?), I examined myself thoroughly in the bath..... and found the lump in my left breast. Another coincidence? A series of events, which maybe in the singular I would have ignored, but in the plural pushed me to feel that something was amiss, that needed my urgent attention.

I could actually write pages on some very strange events and experiences... but thankfully for you all... I won't!

SO! That is why I always remember to say thank you. We don't like to be taken for granted after all, do we? 

This week I have been to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D......I loved it! Some have said that it is too dark a story, but lets face it, the original story was a dark tale, so this is a follow on from there with a Tim Burton treatment, which I thought has worked very well indeed..



I have been drawing again this week too, practising for a project, which I shall divulge at a later date, if it all goes well. A sudden and unexpected opportunty has arisen, and I have decided for once in my life, to not think, but just do! If I think, I will bolt off like a frightened rabbit! When I was made, they forgot to fill the confidence container! That, is why again, I have not attended to blogland as much as I would like too at the moment. Here is a practice doodle/ painted thingy (not related, just messing!) I often draw, but I haven't picked up a paint brush for a long, long time! So I rustily and gingerly had a quick dabble.  They are not finished yet either!





Kitty M at Dolliedaydreams is hosting a lovely cheery Easter giveaway. Please pop along to visit her!



Anyway folks, have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to shout out thank you very loudly if you feel like you have been helped in some way!

Love to you all Suzie xxx