Friday, 21 August 2009

Make a little birdhouse in your soul!

Happy Friday!

Well it's been a busy week since I last posted, and I really don't know where the time has gone. You know what people say... "My how time flies when your'e having fun", and I reply, "It's a good job I'm not having any then isn't it!" Only joking, I have plenty!
This video is only short, about 30 seconds or so, so have a little look, it rather sets the mood for the rest of my post, have to listen to the words though!







I love bird houses, any shape, size or colour, they look so cute out in the garden.. or in the house!




































Well yes birdhouses are easy to see and understand, but what about souls? The other day I was listening to a program on the radio in which the existence or non-existence of soul was being discussed. In one camp it was being argued that we humans are just a bundle of matter, chemicals and electrical impulses and that all our emotions and experiences (including spiritual and intuitive) were just a series of reactions from our brains circuitry. The other camp insisted that no, it can't just be explained away with science, and that we do all have a soul, and there are many stories and experiences which can't be explained through reason or logic. You can probably guess what my opinion is already!


I could feel a little bee in my bonnet starting to buzz about !


This is a little stitchery I sewed up this week using simple stitches. Click on it for larger view.

I believe with all my heart that we all have a soul, and if we haven't, then surely we are no more than animated robots. How do we explain the inner strength that people find when faced with illness or some other hardship or trauma in life, where does the spirit come from?
Where does creativity arise from if not from the soul?

"Every artist dips his brush in his soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures."
Henry Ward Beecher, 1813-1887

I believe that creativity, emotions and human spirit are reflections of our souls shining through into our physical world, and the more everone remembers to acknowledge their souls, the better. The mind I feel is very apart from our soul, in the sense that our minds (conscious) are more rooted to material interests and needs. Our souls are not interested in the material world.

"The human soul needs actual beauty more than bread"
D.H.Lawrence.

Yes, I think our world has become too materialistic on the whole and it needs to start nurturing it's souls!




A pencil drawing I did yesterday. A little pixie is waiting for Mrs. Bird to fly back to take him down from the birdhouse, in the meantime a tiny spider weaves it's web. Click on it for more detail.


So to sum up, what a miserable world it would be, with no real meaning at all, if there was no such thing as a soul. Furthermore, since I am a person who still hopes for fairies in the garden, and wishes for more magic in life, then of course I believe in souls. Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean it does not exist. After all, You can't see me, and I really do exist, sadly for George, my poor husband (pronounced Geeoawrge)!

Finally for this week, Pumpkin is definitely turning orange! Pics next week, maybe. Until next week, get your souls out and give them a good polish!

Ta ta old beans! Suzie X